Journey with the Jenks

Monday, February 22, 2010

Talents....Landry's bathroom redo

There are things I am good at and there are things I am not good at. I admit that I am not a decorator! I envy my friends who walk into a room and know what needs to be done and how to accomplish those things. I walk into a room and wish someone else could do it. When trying to decorate, people at "those stores" will ask me what my style is....I have no idea!

Well, this weekend Shane was gone so I decided to try to make Landry's bathroom look like a 9 year old girl belongs there. No more tan walls! I kept thinking, if I mess this up at least it is a small room that won't cost much to fix!
I enlisted the advice of my super creative and talented neighbor Shannon. She paints with reckless abandon, she does not fear color like I do. She showed me how to add paint to glaze and basically rub it on the wall. Here is before.....


Finished (almost) product



I still have to paint dots above the tub, my neck just couldn't do it any more! I also have big spaces to fill with either pictures or paint some other big dots on the wall. Landry was so funny, she said, "Mom, I think Shannon gave you the courage to paint this bathroom." Thanks Shannon for the courage to paint. Finished pictures to come....

1 comment: