Journey with the Jenks

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My day as a "stay at home person"

Today was a day that was a bit unusual for me. My company was announcing layoffs today so I was instructed to stay home and wait for a call. Isn't that how most people want to spend a day? I looked at it as a half day to get laundry done that I skipped this weekend and relax a bit.

I got the call early, about 8:45 a.m. I am still employed-Yay! Saying I wasn't worried is not a statement of pride. It is a statement of faith. If I have learned anything in this life it is that there is a purpose for everything that happens. Christ never gives us more than we can handle. I am very fortunate to have a career to fall back on, unlike many people who lost their jobs today. Even though you do not know these people, please say a prayer for them. Many families' lives were changed today. Some great reps are now out there looking for jobs. Such a sad thing. 5 of our 11 reps lost their jobs today.

Anyway, I now see what a blessing it is for me and my family that I do not stay home everyday! I have never doubted that my friends that stay home have a gift that I do not. Today proved that right.

Those of you who know me, I think, would agree that I am a pretty focused person. I generally decide what needs to be done and do it. I get annoyed when things don't get done efficiently and effectively. Well, here are a few pictures to prove that I just may have housework ADD. I told the cleaning lady not to come today, I had this.....besides, if I got laid off, I need to know where all the cleaning supplies are and how long it takes. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

My lone accomplishment that is still clean, Landry's bathroom.


The kitchen was perfect, then dinner happened.

Yep, it is the "living room". I do have to say this is clean laundry that was somewhat folded at one time. Reese decided to help me. Landry added her backpack to the mix.

I did forget to mention that the girls were not home all day. Once again,. if I'm getting laid off I am enjoying the last day of Susan's house!! Seriously, that is all I got finished today besides washing the cabinets down in the kitchen.

Well, tomorrow it is back to selling drugs. I hope my inability to finish a task does not continue.....

1 comment:

  1. I am happy for you, and my house looks worse than yours on any given day. Keep the faith. Love you, Al

    ReplyDelete