Journey with the Jenks

Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School-3rd grade


Landry survived her first day of 3rd grade. Reese and I walked her in this morning and it was a pretty uneventful goodbye. She walked home with the neighbors, Brant and Riley. I wasn't home yet but she let herself in and called me just like she is supposed to. (Mom's phone did not ring and I was on the rode home from Odessa. I was getting a little irritated at her then I checked my phone....whoops!)

She was very tired but seems to have had a good time. She did let me know that, "not changed Mom. We aren't having crazy hair day or pajama day though". The things that stick with them.


Reese wanted to stay at the school this morning. She is really wanting to go to preschool but Mom isn't doing it. I figure she HAS to go to school for many years so I'll keep her little as long as I can.



Landry had to write about what she did this summer. Wouldn't you think she would have chosen to write about our week at Disney World? Nope, Great Wolf Lodge it was. I guess it is fresh on her mind. So much for dream vacations!

1 comment: