Journey with the Jenks

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Last weekend before school starts

We spent the last weekend before school starts in the Metroplex. We left Friday morning and headed East. We spent Friday night in Plano at Robin's house. We hadn't seen Robin and Andrew since March and we were delivering our crib and other baby items to them. It was good to see them and great to put our baby items to use one more time. (I forgot my camera so there are very few pictures attached to this post. Only ones I took with my phone.)
We got to the Metroplex about 2:30 and Shane wanted to go to Cabela's. The girls and I decided a mall was much better for our needs. Landry doesn't need clothes right now. After all, it will be 100 degrees tomorrow and new jeans just won't work! I did think she needed a new outfit for the first day. We found a mall and she found a cute pair of black crop pants and a cute top. She looks very grown up! (pictures tomorrow, I promise!)
While at Macy's Reese wanted and outfit too. I couldn't say no to a zebra print velour jogging suit. She did inform me that she was looking for "Rock star clothes". Where does she get this stuff?
We headed to Robin's and had a great night. I am not sure they (READ ANDREW HERE) are totally prepared for the never ending noise, screams, overall chaos of a child, or in their case 2 at once. Saturday morning, Andrew got a dose of Reese about 8:30. late in her world. She decided he needed to get up and be a lazy bones.


After breakfast, we headed to Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine. Robin decided to go with us and spend the night as well. The girls were so excited. We spent the day in the lazy river, wave pool, fort McKenzie and water slides. Overall we were wet all day!

Reese in the kiddie pool

Landry peeking around the corner at Fort McKenzie
These are the slides that occupies Landry's time. The brown bikini at the bottom is Landry.

Here are the slides in the kiddie area. The blur at the bottom is Reese.

We had a great time at Great Wolf Lodge. I highly recommend going there if you have kids. It is a neat place. I did realize that those of us without tattoos are becoming the minority. WOW, I saw a lot of tattoos! You wouldn't notice many of them until you see people in swimsuits. Speaking of swimsuits....I won't even go there!

School starts tomorrow. Landry will be in 3rd grade. I cannot even believe I just typed that. She is ready for school. Her teacher is Mrs. Kruse. We have known her for 8 years or so. We attended Sunday School with she and her husband for years. She is very sweet and an excellent teacher. We are very excited.

I will be saying extra prayers for all my education friends tomorrow. This time of year has become a bit difficult for me. I feel very left out and uninformed this time of year since I left the district.

Sleep well,

Billye










1 comment:

  1. Love the GWL! Next year, we will meet you there. We can send the boys to Cabella's and the girls can go to the mall. I am so glad you got to see Robin and Andrew. Did you hug her belly for all of us? I have loved reading the blog, and it sure looks cute. XOXO, Al

    ReplyDelete