Journey with the Jenks

Monday, August 17, 2009

What to do with this child


Some of you have heard this story but for those of you who have not here is a Reese one for the books:


A month or so ago we had gotten home from church. I was doing the, "Girls get your stuff picked up...." bit that goes on here about every 17 minutes or so. Reese had insisted on taking her Bible to church so it was in the pile to go to her room. She picked it up and was "reading" it. I asked her what it said. Being her Sunday School teacher I was hoping for a retell of the story from that morning.


Here is what Reese's Bible said, "God is great, Beer is good and people are crazy". I tried so hard not to laugh and said, "no it doesn't Reese, what does it say?" (Still holding on for proof that I am an excellent teacher). She said, "Well, that's what mine says" and walked away.


For those of you that don't know the country singer Billy Currington, he has a song that says that line. It's actually pretty good advice.


Man I'm a great teacher! Her Baptist upbringing is working!
B

2 comments:

  1. I love that song and decided it was okay ot listen to since he puts God above beer :)

    ReplyDelete