Journey with the Jenks

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Let the fun begin!!!!!

From Tuesday, September 1st, through at least the first of march I am officially a widow. For those unaware, Dove season opened on Tuesday. Shane and Landry joined the hoards of people (men) out shooting on Tuesday. This morning around 6 something he and his brother and a friend headed off to New Mexico for yet another hunting adventure. They are hunting Antelope. I should follow that statement with saying that we already have 2 antelopes on our walls.


Here is a snapshot from the office


4 heads,not so bad you say.....There are 17 heads throughout my house. That is 34 beaty eyes staring at me everyday! We have a variety of animals. Ones from Texas, New Mexico and South Africa. Do you know what a nilgai is.....have you laid awake at night wondering? Well here it is



Wanna see the dining room?.....South Africa at it's finest. Any of you who know me, know that I in no way care if Shane goes hunting. In fact, it is much to the dismay of friends and family members that I NEVER object to him leaving. I decided long ago that he hunted well before I met him and to expect that to change is completely unfair and not going to happen. The girls and I have great fun staying in our PJs all weekend and going for shopping trips. Bring on the hunting!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment