Journey with the Jenks

Sunday, September 20, 2009

My week in Review and a Fast Forward

I am not exactly sure why I am blogging right now, I have approximately 457 other, productive things to do. I've completed 0 loads of laundry, there are dirty dishes on my counter and I haven't cooked since Thursday and I have a dresser to clean out to send to my sister this week.

I just feel like writing. Last week was busy and a blur all at once. Monday was my first spin class. Shane and I did it together at lunch. Before you get all, " how great of them to do it as a couple", let me explain. Shane has been working out OBSESSIVELY for almost a year now. He does it everyday at lunch and gets up early and goes if he knows he will be unable to go at lunch. I have been thinking of working out obsessively for......well since high school, 15 years!!!! Well Sunday he mentioned he was going to Spin class on Monday at 12:00, did I want to go? I'm not sure what came over me but I said I thought I could because I was working in town. Then I decided I could not back out. I went, I spun, I had a very sore butt!!! I have not gone back.

By Tuesday at lunch I was pretty sure death was coming. I ached all over and had a terrible headache. I was not convinced I was sick. I was fearful that my entire body, including my brain, was sore from Spin class. Once the fever set in I decided it was not SPIN flu but perhaps Swine Flu. I felt HORRIBLE and I was in Denver City. I drove home and by the time I got home my fever was 101. I went for my scheduled massage, no way I was missing that, then I went to a walk in clinic. A shot and antibiotics later, I was on my way. My next memory is Wednesday about 10:30 a.m. The rest of the week I felt great in the morning and then by evening I was pretty shot. That does not do much for housekeeping.

Shane had a hunting excursion planned for Saturday though Wednesday or Thursday. He was taking customers and heading to the middle of nowhere, near Ft. Davis. His cook backed out on Wednesday and I stepped in to prepare meals for the trip. Cooked pans of King Ranch Casserole, Chicken and Wild Rice and Crock Pot Fajitas along with the fixings for steaks and Frozen Lasagna. I will be excepting Wife of the Year later in a ceremony in the middle of Cabela's.

Soccer games have started and that is how we spent Saturday morning. No pictures due to the hunting trip and the camera was already packed in the hunting wagon....don't get me started.

This week is home study for me. I am picking up a new drug and will spend Tues-Fri of this week being paid to stay home and study. I couldn't make this stuff up! Next week I'll be in Frisco, Tx learning all about Micardis, exciting details to follow!

The girls and I will be eating all the food Shane hates this week. We will have fried things, macaroni for dinner and Sonic! We are excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment