Journey with the Jenks

Monday, August 16, 2010

Dinner-8/16

So I don't have time this morning to post an entire week but I thought I'd at least post what we are having tonight. It sounded very summer like.

Cheesy Chicken With Tomatoes and Sunflower Seeds
 
5 Points Per Serving

1 Tbsp raw sunflower seeds, shelled
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 14-1/2 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
4 oz reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, shredded


1. Preheat the oven to 350º F. Place the sunflower seeds in a small pan and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Watch carefully because they burn easily. 2. Place chicken in an 11 x 7 inch baking dish, sprinkle with lemon juice, pepper and salt. Cover and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the chicken reaches 170º F and the juices run clear. Remove from the oven and pour off any excess liquid. 3. Spoon the tomatoes over the chicken. Sprinkle with the sunflower seeds and the cheese. Increase the oven temperature to broil and place the dish under the broiler for about 1 minute or just until the cheese melts. Do not brown.
Makes 4 servings.

I found this on a Weight Watchers message board and it fit my dinner criteria. It needs to be done in an hour or less start to finish. Secondly, it must not have ingredients I have never heard of or that I have to buy for a one time use.
I'll probably serve it with a can of pinto beans and some fresh okra and tomatoes that I will boil together. (A summertime favorite thanks to our friends with gardens!)


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment