Journey with the Jenks

Sunday, August 1, 2010

10 years!

Just as you read this pretend it is June 10, 2010...Today, Shane and I have been married 10 years! Some times it seem like FOREVER!!!! and other times I cannot believe how fast time has flown! Having a child so fast has really made the time fly I suppose.








I'd love to sit here and write a post about our love affair...yeah right! We are not romantic, we don't cuddle and we don't have pet names. That's just not us. What we do have is a great partnership. We are mature, responsible and logical. We are hard workers. All these traits have paid off in marriage. We come from a long line of people who stay married. They would all tell you it's hard and there were times they wanted to quit, but they didn't. That's not what you do. You get mad and get over it. Between our parents alone there are more than 70 years of marriage. If you include our grandparents, it easily gets up into the 100s.

We have a great life. We have great kids. Shane is a great provider. He is honest, hard working and ethical. He is a great role model for the girls. He is loyal and great at his job. He is the calm to my storm. He is the method to my madness.

Some funny things you might not know:

1. we had Landry 9 months after we were married! Yep, a honeymoon baby!

2. We don't sleep under the same comforter. He still uses his college one! I had to throw out my jr high one 2 years ago!

3. He has never slept at my parents' house.

4. Shane picked out all the wall colors in our house. He is WAY better than me.

5. He gave away the anniversary present I gave him-5th row Merle Haggard tickets!

6. I have lost my wedding ring----twice! Found both times!

Here is to 10 years of laughs, dead animals, hard work and fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment