Journey with the Jenks

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Delicious Fish Recipe

I am really trying to cook more fish and find easy but yummy ways to prepare it. I don't have time to go to the store each day and pick up fresh fish(is that possible in Midland, TX?)

I found this recipe while looking for a way to cook Halibut.

Creamy Baked Halibut
Ingredients
2 lbs. Halibut fillet
1/2 cup light or fat free sour cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup chives
1 tsp. fresh dill
salt and pepper to taste
Directions
Preheat oven to 360 degrees.Spray glass baking dish with no-stick spray.Rinse Halibut fillet(s), pat dry with paper towel and place in dish.Chop up chives and dill.Mix together sour cream, dill, chives, and 1/3 Cup of the Parmesan cheese.Spoon mixture over the Halibut and bake in oven for 15-25 minutes depending on thickness of fillet.If it looks like there is a lot of water around the fish, (can happen depending on which sour cream you use), using a turkey baster suction out excess water around the fish.Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over the top of the sauce and broil until browned, about 5 minutes.Makes 4 4oz. servings.
Number of Servings: 4

I used frozen tilapia fillets but I think any white fish would be great. I did not include the chives as it was Mom's birthday dinner and she does not care for chives.

This was SO GOOD!!! Shane was almost licking the dish. He stood at the sink and scraped the dish with a fork to get every last bit of yumminess! The girls both loved it too! The bag of frozen tilapia fillets were much cheaper and I can use the rest in another dish. I added a salad and another recipe I found on the same website as this one for Maple Cinnamon Mashed Sweet Potatoes.

1 comment:

  1. Made this tonight, and we loved it!!! Soo good, thanks for sharing. Oh and I thinked this to my blog....hope you don't mind....I just think it is a crime not to share food goodness!!

    ReplyDelete