Journey with the Jenks

Monday, August 23, 2010

4th grade already??

Landry started 4th grade today. It is very hard to believe that she is over half way finished with elementary school. She was very excited about school. She woke up super early, like 6:15 and was dressed by 6:20! She wanted her hair curled in sponge curlers overnight. I was a bit nervous about how it would look. It turned out pretty cute.

She picked this dress out about a month ago. It is very June Cleaver looking I think. She wears tennis shoes everyday except the first day because of recess and p.e. A dress won't be seen again I fear!

She had swim practice after school at 5:00 until 6:00 and then open house at Carver Center for G.E.M. (Gifted education Midland) from 6-7:30. Whew, we had a full day! She will attend GEM 2 days a week, Mondays and Tuesdays. She will attend her regular school Wed-Friday. That's a lot for a 9 year old to handle but I think she can do it.

She is such an amazing kid. I thank God daily for the person she is becoming. I see His nature in her more and more. She is responsible and thoughtful more and more each day. She started a journal today of her 4th grade year. She loves to write.

This morning I prayed that she would have a great day and be a light to her friends. I prayed that she would begin to see opportunities to share Christ with others. She is beginning to understand the importance of this. I admire her in many ways. I look forward to watching her blossom even more this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment