Journey with the Jenks

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Landry! (A day late!)


Landry at 2 weeks old

Landry (Nov 2009)
I cannot believe that Landry turned 9 on Monday. I felt sad that day. I cannot explain why but maybe it has to do with that she has lived with us 1/2 the amount of time that she will live with us!
I can not explain what a true joy she is. When you are expecting you wonder what she/he will turn out like. What will they look like? Will they be smart, funny, inquisitive?
Landry is such an amazing kid. There is not a day that goes by that she does not surprise me with her courage, compassion, confidence,creativity, intelligence, helpfulness and maturity. She is a teacher's dream. She tends to think of others over herself. She is a second Mom to Reese and does a really good job!
I know we all try to raise out kids in the right way. I promise all the good in Landry is not our doing. I truly believe the spirit of the Lord dwells in her and guides her. This is the time when I am so thankful for the upbringings that Shane and I received that taught us the importance of Godliness.
One thing I really love is that she challenges me. She does not let me get by with yes/no answers. Why questions come naturally to her. She thinks outside the box when appropriate and follows social norms when needed.
She avoids girl drama at school. She is friends with everyone but tends to gravitate towards boys and non-girlie girls.
I LOVE that she is practical and reasonable almost all of the time. This came in handy when she was a small child. I learned early on if I could tell her the reasons behind something she usually could obey without too many objections.
I could go on and on with all the great things about my Landry. The things that make me most proud are the things others say about her. Her teacher has written me notes referring to her showing Christ to others in class. More than one parent has said they hope their little girl grows up to be like Landry. Every teacher she has had states they wish they had a class full of Landrys.
I am excited at what the future holds for Landry. The next 9 years scare me to death! There are so many experiences she is about to encounter. She will feel heartbreak, happiness, love, sadness, jealousy and shear silliness! If the next 9 years are as great as the first 9 I can't wait!
Happy birthday Landry, you are such a wonderful child. I am proud to be your Mom!




1 comment:

  1. so well said- many of the things you said about her I see in you. A perfect child for you. Love!

    ReplyDelete