Journey with the Jenks

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Live from Big Spring it's......me!

It's a working title! I am blogging from the Subway in Big Spring, TX. I'd post a picture but come on......it is Big Spring! I lead an exciting life, I know. As most of you know I travel to surrounding towns for my job. Most often I can work a town in half a day and either be home for lunch or eat on the road on the way to my next town. Not Big Spring!!! I have just enough work here that I usually have to spend the entire day here which means lunch in random places. I have tried all the local dives....yummy but greasy! I've eaten at the Pizza Hut thinking salad bar and a piece of pizza or 2. They have free Internet but DISGUSTING pizza!
I have brought my lunch before and gone to a park to eat. It is a bit windy today so I opted for the Subway...healthy and FREE Internet! I'm not hard to please!

Spring has sprung around our house and not just the weather! Both girls are playing soccer this season. Reese is older enough by 9 day! She will be the youngest on the team but I'm sure not the smallest! Her first practice is the evening at 6:00. I will be really interested to see how she responds. I predict 1 of 3 things will happen in her game on Saturday. She'll either Knock multiple people down intentionally, score 7 goals or walk off the field and declare, "I don't want to do this!" All three are very much within her personality. I will miss her first game and that makes me sad but I am committed to working at our JL Clayshoot. Shane will try to go and his mom and my dad will be there. I'll send the video camera with someone.
Landry started soccer again yesterday. She is with the same team as the last 2 seasons. They are a fun group of girls that not only play hard but have fun and get along well. Her coach is phenomenal but is leaving after this season to take a job in Boston. We're very sad!! :(
Spring is charity even time around Midland it seems. Shane and I will hear Sarah Palin speak on Thursday night. AS far as I know we will get to meet her and get autographs. I bought her book and am reading it right now. Probably would not have except for this event. I'll post pics if we get them. Friday night we have Buckshot Bash, a dinner, dance and auction for Jr League and the Saturday ALL DAY we have a clayshoot for Jr League along with soccer games!
Next weekend we are headed to Ruidoso for one last trip down the slopes. Our friends the Halls are going with us so it should be lots of fun!
I try really hard to not over schedule my kids. They really enjoy just being kids and playing outside at our house. This time of year really stresses me out as my calendar fills up!
I'll be posting pictures of the girls periodically in all their activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment