Journey with the Jenks

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Stinky Sunday Night

I stink right now! I mean literally I stink. I ran today. No, not just a minute ago, I ran at 12:30 p.m. It is 8:00 pm as I type this. I never bothered to shower. I though of it a couple of times through out the day. I always found better things to do. I did laundry, uh....I know I did other things today! We cooked a great and healthy dinner, grilled salmon, fresh green beans, corn on the cob and a fruit salad. We went to Lowe's to look at new patio furniture and then went to Shane's brother's house to pick up Landry's birthday present. That is all. Don't ya think I could have found time to shower. The laundry is still on the couch and coffee table, folded, not put away. Some days I swear I really could waste and entire day and not really accomplish much. I LOVE THOSE DAYS!

Great things today...We went to church. Sad thing, our preacher is leaving :( Dr Dyer has been here since 1995. Many people are sad. He has been so influential in not only my life, but in Landry's. He did the baby dedication for Landry and baptized her last year. She is sad too. He is moving to Austin. Our loss is their gain. We had a fun lunch at Rosa's with 3 other families. 8 kids in all. Wild!

I ran twice this weekend. Wow! That is great for me. I am trying to get in "baseline" shape to start training for my half marathon. I'm not sure when it is. Sometime between June and August. I am signed up for one in July but may change to one in June or I found another one is August. I am so totally co-dependent in my running. If my friend Melinda can't get into the race I'm registered for I am changing to one we can both run. Silly, I know.

Hopefully tomorrow will lead to more productivity, probably not. I will live either way...

2 comments:

  1. any chance he is moving to Great Hills Baptist? We are looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, Austin Baptist Church in North Austin. Y'all would be so lucky if had gotten him. He is the most Godly man I've ever encountered.

    ReplyDelete