Journey with the Jenks

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Whew, what a week!

The last week or so has been quite eventful around our house. We started the week with Robin here for the weekend. We went to trade days in Stanton and she wanted to eat at Rosa's. She was fortunate to get on one of the 2 planes that actually got out of Midland on Sunday due to the fog.
Monday, Mom went from bad to worse really quick! She is still in the hospital. When I showed up Monday about noon, her fever was up to 104.2. After many tests and a couple of scary moments, it was determined that not only did she have pneumonia in both lungs now but also has H1N1. Pretty scary considering she is one of those people with "under lying conditions" that it is really dangerous for them to get it.
Making matters worse, I was scheduled to fly out at 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning for Houston. It was for work and I could not get out of it. I headed off that morning with a heavy heart.
While sitting in my first meeting of the day with my new regional director, new manager and the National VP of sales, my phone starts buzzing. A text message from Robin is not unusual at all. She and I will text snide comments and silly things all day long. Unfortunately, this one wasn't funny or silly, it was scary. At her regular OB appt, it was discovered that her cervix was shortening, 40 to 28 in 2 weeks. She had been having contractions and she wasn't aware. To the hospital she went, straight from the OB to the bed. GREATNESS!!! I immediately sent out an S.O.S. to my friends for immediate prayers. At 25 weeks along, there is no way these babies can come yet!
I am constantly amazed at the amazing friends I have. It had not been 20 minutes since the message went out that I'd heard from them with questions of what can we do? Offers to get to Dallas and sit with her. I have the most amazing friends who will do anything! I love them so much!
After my meeting I called Shane to check in and was informed the girls were both throwing up, of course they are....That's my theme so far! Also found out one girls I rode in a car from the airport to the hotel was in her hotel room with H1N1 as well. If you are counting that is twice in 24 hrs I was directly exposed....YIKES! I called in a favor and had Tamiflu called in to a Walgreens in Houston, so far so good!
There were a couple of minutes I felt I could not breathe. Lord, thank you for your arms of peace and comfort. I so often take them for granted and I am sorry for that. How do people without Christ in their lives deal with stressful situations?
Here I sit on Saturday...on the couch watching football by myself! My Tamiflu and I made it home Thursday night about 9:45. All is well at my house at least.
Robing got to go home Friday. Her cervix had grown to 35, yay little cervix! She is on strict bed rest but at least it is at home and free!
Mom is still in the hospital but SLOWLY getting better. Not sure how long she will be there but at least there is improvements. It could have gotten really bad really fast.
There are times I feel like there is a black cloud hanging over us. But ever so gently, Jesus nudges me and reminds me he has my umbrella. When I question why me His answer is always the same, "Why not you"?

No comments:

Post a Comment