Journey with the Jenks

Monday, November 23, 2009

A Quiet House

It's 9:10 pm and my house is quiet and dark. Shane is gone hunting until Wednesday...I know BIG surprise! The were exhausted! They spent Friday through today at my parents in McCamey. While there they get to just be kids at their grandparents without a care in the world. They get to eat junk food. They get to play outside and get dirty. They get to paint (something I am terrified of at my house!). Landry got to climb big trees and she and Dad made a pulley in a tree and she lifted things all weekend. My dad has 2 shops outside full of "junk". It is a kid's dream, well it is great as long as more than 12 channels aren't required! I had posters waiting for me that the girls had painted. I mean POSTERS! Landry wrote Shane and me an entire letter on a poster. She told us how much she loved us and what great parents we are. She also explained how when she was little we promised her we would never divorce and so far we have kept that promise. (Her words) It was so sweet and wise beyond her years.

One of my absolute favorite sounds is that of my kids laughing and playing through the house. A close second is the quiet of the house after they have played themselves into exhaustion. Sleep well my angels.

1 comment: