Journey with the Jenks

Saturday, November 14, 2009

A great day!

I am tired. It has been one of those days that just plan wears you out! Girls were both up during the night...uuuh, hello, I don't have newborns! Woke up to go to the Face the Race 5K. I have done many 5Ks but this was Shane's first. Landry ran with him and did the WHOLE 3.1 miles! I was so proud. I got Reese duty and did one loop of the 2. She and I became cheerleaders after that. It was a great day for running and it was an amazing cause, working with jr high girls and their self esteem while teaching them to run a 5K. The girls then had a birthday party to go to that involved trampolines. Sitter at 6:45 so Shane and I could go to a shower for his middle brother's new baby boy due in December. Girls were FAST asleep when we got home, yay!!! A little Texas Tech football on TV while I type.

These are days that remind me that I absolutely LOVE my life! My kids got to exercise, see community involvment in action, celebrate SOMEONE ELSE, and Shane and I got to be with just us for a while. I saw my parents, talked to Shane's mom and visited with my neighbor.

I so often take my life for granted but today I was reminded that I live a blessed life.

No comments:

Post a Comment