Journey with the Jenks

Sunday, November 8, 2009

34 years-What I have learned

I am 34 today. I cannot believe it! In my mind I am still 22 and somewhat cool and hip. While reflecting on my life I realized that I have learned so much in the last 34 years. Besides the obvious, I have been blessed with great knowledge from an array of people that God has placed in my life.

1. I was born with a man's appetite. *(Dang it!)
2. 5:30 a.m. is very quiet and peaceful. I think I can honestly hear God sometimes.
3. I had no idea how much JOY my children would bring to my life.
4. Being smart will get you noticed but having integrity, work ethic and follow through will get you remembered.
5. My parents really did know what they were talking about (most of the time.)
6. Laundry and housework can wait when your kids want to play.
7. I have the best girlfriends in the world. They are always there and are supportive and honest just when I need it most. I love them!
8. Being right does not always matter when dealing with your spouse.
9. God truly knows what you need, when you need it....Trust Him!
10. Grown up decisions are not always fun.
11. Stories from the past told by grandmothers and grandfathers are priceless.
12. You marry your mother-in-law too! Choose carefully!
13. Sometimes, it is wise to keep your mouth shut.
14. Weekends with nothing to do are sheer greatness!
15. We live in the greatest country in the world....period!
16. Veterans are absolutely the most selfless people in the world and should be treated with the greatest respect we have to offer.
17. Saying yes mam and no sir is important and seems to be a dying tradition.
18. Thank God for unanswered prayers!
19. Surprising people is so much fun!
20. Exercising, no matter how much I gripe, makes me feel better!
21. A child's laugh is the best sound I have ever heard!
22. Beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes to the core!
23. Other people's opinion of me is none of my business.
24. Ultimately, I will have to answer for everything I do and don't do.
25. Making time for myself is important, hard and totally worth it!
26. I love my normal, boring, and mundane life.

1 comment: