Journey with the Jenks

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Training Update


I am sure most people don't really care how my training is going for my next half marathon. But since this is my blog and I think only my parents and MAYBE a couple of friends read it I'll humor myself. My training is going well, thanks for asking! I am following a training schedule that I did in the past, Hal Higdon. http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/novice.htm

(Just in case you feel the urge to join along in solidarity!) I'm on week 5.


I have to say I am proud of myself. I am actually sticking with the plan and not skipping many days. If I do skip a day it is usually the strength and stretch days. I know it's important but if something has to give that is it!


Melinda and I do the long run on Sundays and it helps us get through it. Running is actually becoming easier and I have started to look forward to it after the first 10 minutes! I have discovered that no matter how great of shape I'm in the first 10 minutes is torture!


I wish I could say I've dropped 15 pounds....not so! 3-4 maybe. I think in my mind because I run I can eat more! I'm trying to stop that thinking!
Seattle, here we come!

1 comment:

  1. Yea Billye! Keep us all motivated and share your training!

    ReplyDelete