Journey with the Jenks

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Reese's Soccer Game -#2





Well, Reese had her 2nd soccer game and the first that Shane and I got to see. For as feisty and aggressive is Reese usually is, is as unaggressive and calm as she is on the soccer field! It is the weirdest thing! She has been at soccer games, literally, since she was 3 months old. I though she'd be overly aggressive. I finally asked her why she doesn't take the ball. You know what she said????? "Mom, it's not mine!" We spent 4 years teaching her to take turns and not take things that aren't hers and it totally backfires! I told her it was o.k. because they were playing the game with whoevers ball was out there and it was fine. She asked if her "teammates will trust me if I take it?" What????
She has another game on Saturday pending weather. It rained ALL day today! We offered to pay her if she takes the ball away and scores. I am not above bribery!
Landry FINALLY has a game on Monday so I will post pictures of her after that.
I am totally in love with my kids this week. I can't explain why but all we want to do is cuddle and hang out. I think part of it is Shane is gone and no one cares if we are total sloths! Also, I am beginning to see Landry change. She is becoming a preteen and I am fearfully awaiting the days when she can not stand me! I know it's coming and hold and rock her as much as possible right now.
I'm off to bed to join 2 snugly girls. That's the great part of Dad gone. We all sleep in my bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment