Journey with the Jenks

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hallmark Moment

Do you ever create Hallmark moments in your mind? I do it all the time and find that more often than not I am disappointed when things don't turn out just perfect.

We are going skiing this weekend. We're leaving in the morning. Shane's parents are going with us to Ruidoso. He and his dad are hunting so his mother and I are taking the girls to play around. Landry is going to ski school. Reese is just messing around more than likely. I'm not going to lie, I DREAD skiing. I have never done it. I have a bad knee but I'm it so I will spend some time on the bunny slopes and hope for the best!!!

The picture below is what I'd like for out trip to look like but I'm guessing I'll have some less "Hallmarky" moment to post when we return. Either way it will be fun and memorable. I am allowing Landry to miss 2 days of school to do this. I have adopted the idea that experiences are just as important in learning as sitting in a classroom. I am going to make her journal her trip and she is taking her camera. Hopefully she can report to her class all about the things she did and saw. More to come next week......

No comments:

Post a Comment