Journey with the Jenks

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Running, a family affair!

Reese bringing up the rear!(Yes she has on Mary Janes. She wanted to wear dress boots!)
Landry crossing the finish line

Landry bringing it home


Before the race
I run races. I do not run to win. I run to finish. I have never finished above the top 50% I would guess. I have never been fast. I was on the sprint relay team in school but come on, I lived in McCamey and I ran track. How many people did they have to choose from?
Landry has run the last 2 races that I was signed up for. 3 weeks ago she ran a 5K. This weekend she ran the kid's fun run at the Jingle Bell Run. She was the 1st girl finisher and 3rd overall. She did awesome! Reese ran it too. She finished nearer to Santa who was running too!
I did not do the 5K. I got my shirt and called it a day. Shane is out of town and I hated to ask anyone to watch the girls while I SLOWLY jogged 3.2 miles.




No comments:

Post a Comment